Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday This n' That

My daughter has an open plan ranch with a breakfast bar/pass through above the sink. Because she has two beagles and also fosters, she has a good quality wooden gate across her wide kitchen entry way. The kind that is attached to the wall and locks.  



Right now, shes fostering this adorable little monkey.  Two days ago, she took out some raw chicken breasts to marinate. She left them in a glass sheet on the counter when she had to walk away briefly and get plastic wrap from another room. When she walked back in the kitchen to cover the breasts and put them in the fridge, said dog was standing on the counter next to the food. He had jumped up on a breakfast bar stool, jumped onto the pass through, somehow avoided landing in the sink and was paws down on the counter. It may be time for doggie training camp!

In other news of the week in brief:

1.  While I'm still not sure I'm getting quite as full an aerobic workout as I might, all the other aspects of said chair workout is going swimimmingly according to my body signals. Admittedly I'll still chomping at the bit for the rec center to get the heated therapy pool fixed.

2.  Almost all of my outside the house interactions and social events this week were volunteer or activist related. Always happy when I'm being challenged, spending time with friends and making a difference. Never mind the food and wine.

3.  After spending May mainly close to home and close to the ground, I looked at my June calender today and realized I have every weekend committed as well as more than a few weekday get togethers and dinners. I may have to cut back!

4. We've had some rain this week and things are blooming and glowing. I cancelled two get togethers so that I could simply relax, wallow even, in the lushness of the yard for a few days.

5.  My reset and reorganize chore for this week was my bedroom. I did some rearranging. I decided  I needed matching dresser and night table quilts and chose that fabric. And my closet is completely purged. Possibly overly so. I'll let the bags sit for a week and then check them

6.  I was given some yarn remnants. I found an easy yet unique and warm pattern and have started turning them into scarves. An easy thing to work on at meetings and in class and by starting now I should have a pile for the homeless shelters and meals on wheels users by next fall.

7. This week we had Korean ribs from Trader Joe's. We also had burgers, steak, barbecue chicken, fish fillets and breakfast. Tonight, slow cooked country ribs.  Definitely a carnivore week here!


4 comments:

  1. Keep your busy weekends and see how they work for you before cancelling. I look forward to having full calendars on weekends, but my weekdays my own. Silly puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect that if you have friends who work you will have fuller weekends. Most of my socializing is done on the off hours these days. The youths of dining out. Going to movies and visiting museums on the weekdays with no traffic and no crowds cannot be put into words.

      Delete
  2. Hope your household foster gets his doggie boot camp. Some of those mischief makers are very clever and quick..and oh so cute! LOL

    I need to find a way to use up yarn odds and ends! Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you for completing the closet purge, a task on my to-do list for 5 yrs now. I encourage you not to go through those bags again. Consider it done. After a winter of slow it's go, go, go now with lots of yardwork to up the activity level. I'm cleaning out the fridge in anticipation of a road trip and decided to use up some of the packaged & canned foods. I'm not sure if the frozen pizza and canned soups are a blessing or a curse. I would much prefer you menu.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!