Sunday, September 10, 2017

Some (late) Retirement Goals For September

Happy Sunday everyone!  Before anything else, I have to say it:  Football, I have missed you!!.  It's the first full weekend of both college and pro ball and I am in football heaven. And with all due respect to my fellow football fiends from other areas, to have both Ohio State and the Patriots lose on an opening weekend is no small thing (sorry, fellow readers, but it's football, folks, not politics)!

Meanwhile, onto goals, albeit belatedly.  I joined in with lots of other bloggers to come up with a long list of summer goals, and expect to update and share fall goals soon enough.  But I am an "immediate" person when it comes to deciding what to do. So after seeing Tamara, Juhli, and some others come up with monthly goals, I've decided to jump in. Especially since I calendar (and journal stuff) on a weekly and daily basis, this is what works for me. So, onward to the goals.


This may seem like too many retirement goals, but many of them are more habits or continuations (like exercise and meditation) that I am just using as enforcement. Cause I'm the kind of woman who needs enforcement when it comes to certain things.
 
I could not find the attribution for this as the link doesnt work, but I love it anyway!

  • Continue doing yoga and stretches since I cannot exercise with weights and bands any more and get an X-ray if needed (see below).
  • Read two books again this month out of my comfort zone
  • Make either a cool fall necklace for myself or sew a fall colored scarf.
  • Finish one Christmas gift (a table runner already partly done) and start another (a knitted shawl). The big quilt is a long term project and I'll have process photos soon.
  • Help as much as my poor body allows (which is not much) to remove the myriad of small rocks from the back of our house since we are getting egress windows! Also do what needs to be done re: moving furniture
  • Go to Oktoberfest and a craft fair
  • Find a really cool fall wreath for my front door (yes, occasionally I buy decorative stuff instead of making it. Like wreaths).
  • Try and make my passive earnings goals through Swagbucks and InstaGC for the rest of the month.
  • Write a full chapter of a book and finish my frugal deals blog
  • Figure out if I can do a project 333 with 66 outfits (or somewhere between 33 and 66).
  • Come up with something fun yet affordable for my kids to do for my birthday since these days both kids (27 and 47) are broke full time college students. My daughter has decided working full time in grad school is not going to work for her. My Fall weekend for me is not from them.
And there you have it. I probably should have put a couple more house things on this goal-like we really need to get our carpets cleaned before Christmas decorating. but so it is. 
Explanation time:

I have not shared here up to this point that I have an arm that is still excruciatingly painful from my late April fall. It's actually the arm, not the shoulder (where you get your shot, if you will), but I've finally broken down and gone to PT, where the expert thinks the shoulder got hurt and it affected the arm. Either way, no more working with bands or weights any time soon. And while it did not (I don't think) tingle before the PT, it is now. Does that make any sense at all, medical folks?

I've been intrigued by the idea of the 33 piece wardrobe for each season. Only.  I live in Colorado. Where last November it was below freezing one day and seventy five two days later. Yes, if you have barometer induced migraines, I imagine it can be a pain. Which means I need flip flops and tanks. And turtle necks and cardigans. So I'm thinking more of fall/winter and spring summer wardrobes. We'll see.

For the fellow readers, my books this month are Alias Grace (I really hate Margaret Atwood, but I'm going with the book club flow), and The Sandcastle Girls. Some parts of this book are difficult, but it is fascinating, especially for this history geek.

And so it goes, this Sunday in retirement!

10 comments:

  1. Good for you for finding a way that works for you to participate in goal setting. I don't like Margaret Atwood either but when I was in university I read "The Edible Woman" and quite like it. Have you read it. A cousin gifted me with "Blind Assassin" years ago and I've yet to make it past the first 10 pages. I will try again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. This looks to be a fairly small book, so we will see how it goes.! I am liking the other book very much.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to hearing the outcomes of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your arm and shoulder are healing. That is a pretty fall necklace in your photo. Retirement is grand! One thing on my list is having one third of my house get new flooring and I got a bid for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. Building is so intense here that I am lucky if my poor pergola will be built by Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Your goals are ambitious. I am envious of the time.
    I happen to hate football and married someone who feels the same. Ya gotta like when that happens. Enjoy your favorite team. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all football, lol. College, Professional and real football aka European soccer. I have been thinking of working part time as we go towards christmas and then I said to myself, naa!!

      Delete
  5. Someone told me that I cannot use Swagbucks searches and videos on my phone. is this true for you?
    what is InstaGC? The 333 thing will not work for me. I do wear everything for every season except for sweaters. Last winter, I wore shoes for only two weeks and socks for three of those days. The rest of the time, I wore the same pair of sandals. I only have short sleeves, so I have to buy those for winter wear in the spring. I live in AL, subtropical climate that occasionally has the ice storm. And, I am warm-natured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I absolutely do swagbucks on my phone. I do have a smart phone however. I have an app downloaded and play videos on my phone most of the day and then do some searches. I do not do surveys. Insta gc is like swagbucks and they have videos and surveys and such. Those are the two big things I do besides m turk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you want to talk about the apps.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from others, and I also love to hear all points of view.. Just leave the profanity and insults at home, OK? Thanks!!